On Wednesday the 4th of November 2015 was the first ever Political Ghana Party Debates in the UK organised by Swish-H-Q. The host was Ludwig Nii Jr assisted by Stacey Wallaby and the beautiful winner of Miss pride of Africa Debra wearing her crown looking stunning.
People entered the doors with expectations and excitement to hear the parties views on issues requested by the public and Ludwig Nii. Amongst the representatives were Mr. Kit Yawson from the PPP, David Owusu-Yianoma from the NPP and Yaw buabu addae- aboagye from the CPP. The NDC was also invited to represent their political party but they did not show up to the debate.
The debate started heating with disagreements on all parties as well as with many ways of making the public known that the current political ruling party are not interested in the well being of the Ghanaian public.
Unfortunately, the NDC was not able to defend themselves due to their absence. It would have been an opportunity for this political party to let the public understand how much their practice and vision for the future of Ghana are related to the desires of Ghanaians.
Here is one of the many questions asked by the public and some of the many answers given by the Parties’ representatives.
What does your party aim to do for Ghana and why should the electorate vote for you ?
PPP: Mr. Kitt Yawson
- Ghana is the only country who took 8 months to conclude an election, which we want to change.
- Our solution is an agenda for change through stewardship, education, health care and job creation.
CPP: Yaw buabu addae- aboagye
- Anyone can come to register. All what you need is a birth certificate and a passport which is not enough to vote and Ghana has no excuse not to have a national ID card, since other African countries have it as well.
- Ideology is important for Ghana and as a political party, which should help and makes us grow as a country.
- We can grow our own food without depending on outside forces to support ourselves in addition for the development of the Ghanaian economy.
NPP: David Owusu-Yianoma
- It is fundamental for a free election and we need a new registration system.
- My dream is that the people of Ghana would be proud to be a part of Ghana.
- NPP, stands for development and freedom, therefore Ghana experienced the greatest economic growth in the history, when Kufuor was in power. That period was described as the golden era.
- NO COMENT
To see the full debate please visit SWISH-HQ
The New Patriotic Party (NPP) in Ashanti Twi: Ahofama Foforo Kuw is a liberal democratic and liberal conservative party based in Kumasi, Ashanti. It is one of the two dominant political parties in Ghana.
The Convention People’s Party (CPP) in Akan: Apam Nkorɔfo Kuw is Ghana’s political socialist party based on the ideas of former President Kwame Nkrumah. The CPP was founded on the 12 June 1949 by Kwame Nkrumah to campaign for the independence of the Gold Coast.
The National Democratic Congress (NDC) is a social democratic political party, founded by Jerry John Rawlings, Head of the State of Ghana from 1981 to 1993 and President of Ghana from 1993 to 2001.
The Progressive People’s Party followed a declaration made on 28th December 2011 by Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom for progressive and independent-minded people to rise and cause to be formed an alternative political movement to compete for political power for a major transformation of the Ghanaian society.